সর্ব-শেষ হাল-নাগাদ: ২৫ নভেম্বর ২০২০
সালমোনেলা শাখার প্রাত্যহিক কার্যত্রম
- Salmonellosis is one of the prevalent food born zoonotic diseases, found almost allover the world. Food animal have been identified as reservoirs for nontyphoidal salmonella infection.Salmonellosis is a bacterial disease caused by different strains of Salmonella. Salmonella gallinarum, Salmonella pullorum,Salmonella enteritidis mainly caused salmonellosis in poultry. It occurs in animals and human also, causing diarrhea & food poisoning etc.
- In case of poultry industry Broiler parents and brown-shelled egg layers are specially susceptible. To control salmonellosis vaccination is very important. In fact there is no other option of salmonella vaccine to maintain a healthy poultry farm.
In poultry host specific salmonella infection cause foul typhoid & pullorum disease, that cause economic loss in different part of world. Several measures have been used to prevent and control salmonella infection in poultry . Vaccination is the most practical measure as it avoids contamination of –
- Poultry products. & by-products.
- Prevent disease in human.
- Vaccination is a process which provokes immune system of our body and produce immunity against specific disease. This is the best way to prevent disease.
- After all prevention is better than cure.
Salmonella and zoonosis
- The bacteria has tremendous zoonotic importance as it causes food poisoning in human, specially diarrhoea and dehydration in children. Sometimes it could have been fatal.
- Salmonella gallinarum and salmonella pullorum are responsible for fowl typhoid. On the other hand salmonella typhemurium ansd salmonella enteritidis are important causal agents of human food poisoning.
- Though they are different species of salmonella, they have common somatic antigen. for this reason salmonellosis of poultry have zoonotic effect.
- Salmonella Vaccine can reduce public health risk by –
- Reducing colonization of bacteria.
- Organ invasion of reproductive tissue.
Diminishing fecal shedding and environmental contamination
Signs and symptoms
- Decrease egg production
- Loss of body weight.
- Reluctant to move.
Consequence of disease
- In this disease the infected bird act as carrier . because the bacteria harbor at spleen, ovary and hepatic cells. As a result the bird once infected , will shed bacteria for the rest of its life.
Role of lri in controlling salmonellosis
- Livestock research institute (LRI), Mohakhali, Dhaka is producing 25,00,000 vaccines per year and supplying it to root level poultry farms.
- At LRI laboratory vaccines are produced aseptically. The efficacy, safety, virulence tests are performed by quality control section of LRI & the test results are satisfactory enough.
- Vaccines production process is very sophisticated, which is performed by scientists.
- From the above findings, it can be concluded that Salmonellosis has emerged as one of the most serious problems having adverse effects on poultry. In future for the control of Salmonella infection in poultry, vaccine production and study at molecular level has needed to be performed in Bangladesh to save the poultry industry.